DIY - Easy party decorations

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Being a busy girl I often have many a grand plan but very little time to execute them all. When it came to party decorations I had to go for quick and simple that created the look I wanted but didn't require endless girl hours to prepare. I went for three simple and not to mention thrifty ways to decorate the party space. First up were simple crepe paper streamers, I brought mine on Ebay for around £11 for 9 rolls in three different colours. Its worth looking through the listings to see who has the best deals. I used a roll and a half of each colour for all my decorations featured. I then (with the help of Dan) created a canopy over the dance floor area, it took us about 45mins to put them all up but looked so good. 
Everything good in life should have a little gold added in, I made these gold discs using a large punch, gold card, some string and clear tape. I made 5 strands about 3 meters long in an hour (or one episode of Call the Midwife) to add a little bit of shimmer to the canopy. 
My third use of streamers was making very quick and simple loops, I have put  a picture below. These are a great way to fill up empty wall space very quickly with absolutely not glueing or sticking needed. All you need to do is cut lengths of streamer about 60 - 70cm long and loop over some string and carefully pull closed, keep going until your wall is covered.
 There you go, streamers do make everything better. Here are some more ideas if you want some, Tissue Tassels and Jeweled Tassels 

10 comments:

  1. Great idea. And great colour combination with the maroon and gold. Do I spy the decorations for our next blogger meet up?

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! i turn 30 this year (gulp) and wanted some easy, cost effective decoration ideas. These are perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fun, nothing to worry about! Streamers are a great and really cheap way to decorate.

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks so amazing! So simple, but so effective. Definitely will be bearing this in mind in future! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great. I also love the jewelled tassels you linked to.

    Nikki x
    @ Bead It and Weep

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was in year 5 I used to think that if I ever became a teacher I'd decorate my classroom like this. You've pretty much just validated an entire school year of my life in one post. Thumbs Up!!

    resplendent-quatopygia.blogspot.com x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been previously seeking exceptional party decorations such as these however I guess I can also make some craft for my event. Thank you for discussing these party decorations idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These party decorations are really easy and wonderful too. Planning to throw my friend a birthday party at one of local event space Chicago. Will try these ideas for making the day special. Just want to make everyone feel special.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover