How to host a crafternoon

Monday, 4 March 2013

Forget brunch, forget flea markets, forget lie-ins; the best way to spend a Sunday is with a group of bloggers making flower crowns. A few Sunday's ago a group of fellow bloggers and I spent a very happy day, playing with flowers, taking pictures and generally living the Pinterest/Blog dream. The very generous Anna let us into her beautiful home, which full of lovely things to photograph to begin with and then there were the flowers...The flowers had be generously donated to us by the Great British Florist , all their flowers are grown here on farms within the UK, this means you always the best seasonal blooms around. As a flower addict I seriously recommend them, and will definitely be purchasing a flower box when I next need some blooms to brighten things up. 

Anna did a fantastic job of organising us all, so I thought I would share some tips with you all on how to organise your own crafternoon. 

Find your day/venue (this will be the hardest part) - I had never heard of Doodle but will now use it forever

Choose your activity - Keep it simple as possible, you want to be able to chat. These heart projects would be good

Get inspired - we all loved the Pinterest wall Anna put up, it helps to have something to reference

Decorate - Make your space as lovely as possible

Have fun - it really doesn't matter if you don't create a master piece as long as you are laughing

Want to see more? Have a look at these post from my fellow bloggers..

Michelle, My Creative
Natalie, Scrap Adventure
Hannah and Katie, Shoestring Splendor
Jo, Hey Jo

Thanks to Elena and Jo for you photos. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!! Definitely would love to host a crafternoon, looks so much fun! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it - its sooo much and not too expensive either.

      Delete
    2. Do it - its sooo much and not too expensive either.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, look at me being a poser! Great advice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look good! Flower crowns suit you x

      Delete
  3. Great advice and can't wait for the next one. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover