DIY - alphabet greetings cards

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

One of my resolutions for the year was to make all birthday and celebration cards. I love stationery, my first job was in a stationery shop, I could spend a fortune on cards given the chance but due to budget issues I have been forced to cut back! I have been making these cards for my loved ones through-out the year, not only are they really sweet but  personal too. They are really simple to make and I regularly make these on the train on my way into London for drinks. I'm no graphic designer but I'm really enjoying this alphabet design. All the steps are below:
You'll need; blank cards, pencil, rubber, calligraphy pen, a selection of coloured pens (I love Muji ones)

Step 1.  Lightly draw your letter in pencil. Try and get a fairly swirly letter happening so you have places to drawn in your flowers.

Step 2. Go over your pencil with your pen, I always add a curve to the edges of the letters. Once dry rub out any pencil lines

Step 3. Draw little flowers, leaves and hearts (you can do whatever you like, these flowers are the only thing I can draw!) Once dry run and more pencil marks

Step 4. Colour in your flowers, I like to use neons and golds.
That's it, simple hey? I'm going to have to work on a new design for next year but I'm really happy with these. Each pack of card costs £2.50 for 10 so I like to think I'm saving myself a fortune! Happy making! x

Like this? Here's another glitzy card idea and you can make the bunting pictured here

5 comments:

  1. having been lucky enough to see one of these in the flesh, i can definitely say they are SO pretty! such a lovely idea :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love! I hope you liked your new house card, it was hard writing words! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, and even I, least artistic person ever, could probably manage this. Thanks for the amazing idea!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha no problem, let me know if you give them a try. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rushcard simply by Russell Simmons gets you having a $19. ninety five initial charge right with the bat. In the event this isn't enough for making you leery connected free master card with pre-paid debit cards We have no idea what exactly is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover