DIY - Embellished Lace Collar

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Here's a super girly and summery DIY for you today, if the chilly weather is keeping you inside - make this! I look for inspiration everywhere and this beauty is no exception. I was at Zeena's printing class sitting across from a girl who had a fantastic selection of layered necklaces going on including a neon chain layered over a sweet lace collar. I couldn't stop staring (not in a creepy way) but it got me thinking why not merge the two and then add a few jewels. It turned out pretty sweet, all the steps are below. 
You'll need; 
Chunky Chain (I had some from an old bag strap that I pre-sprayed neon)
Lace Collar (I got mine on Ebay, search for lace collars)
Neon Jewels (try Ebay or local haberdasheries)
Needle and thread
Step 1. Cut you chain to an approx. 45cm length and add a jump ring to one end and lobster clasp to another.

Step 2. Find the centre of your chain, position your lace collar panels so they are in the centre. Thread your needle fasten to the collar, then start to stitch your collar to the chain.

Step 3. Cut a length of diamante chain (sorry I forgot to picture in the materials section) position in the centre then stitch into place. 

Step 4. Go crazy and add your jewels, I stitched rather than glued and mirrored the positioning on either side. 
There you have it a very summery necklace, ideal for bringing a bit of cheer to rainy afternoons spent in the pub. Happy making! x 

7 comments:

  1. this is lovely! I love mixing neon with lace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam, me too. It's the best combination!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! The chain is really striking. I love how you painted it neon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica, I couldn't find any neon chain, spraying worked as a really great alternate.

      Delete
  3. I find that your ideas of do-it-yourself are really Great!
    I do not very well speak English because my language is French,
    See you soon on my blog or on your blog

    www.patatipatatarte.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover