DIY - Leather & Charm Bracelets

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

I think 2013 is the summer is the summer of bracelets, I feel like I have made hundreds of versions. I wear a bunch, leave them around the flat then through-out the week pick them all up and put them back  on again. Not deterred by my existing collection I have added a few more to the mix. I had intended them to be slightly different but I simplified my original design to make a really simple tutorial, perfect for using up bits and pieces you have in your craft supply box. All the details are below. 
You'll need - Fine leather cord (waxed cotton would also work), 2mm crimps, bolt rings, connector chain, 5mm jump-rings, mix of beads and charms

Step 1. Decide on your final bracelet length and add two inches to the length
Step 2. Thread on your crimp, make a loop and push the end back through the crimp. Your end should be about 1inch long
Step 3. Using pliers, squeeze your crimp tightly closed
Step 4. Snip off the extra length and repeat on the other end
Step 5. Open an jump ring by taking two pairs of plier either side of the opening and twist in opposite directions. Add your clasp to one end of the bracelet and close your jump ring. 
Step 6. Cut a length of connector chain 5 links long. Open a jump ring thread on your bracelet, connector chain and any charms. Close the jump ring
I added a mix of beads and charms to the centre of some of my bracelets, use your imagination and have fun. 
They look so pretty lined up, its good to use some of my existing treasures. Happy making! x

Want more, have a look at these bracelet tutorials; Liberty leather and stud and tiny beaded bracelets 

5 comments:

  1. These are so incredibly sweet! I want a whole armful of them!
    I saw your post on craftgawker right above mine and had to come visit! Now I'm a follower!
    Lindsey - www.HelloHydrangea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindsey, I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. OMG what a pretty bracelets. This is my first time to this site but my friend has told me about your work and you are very very good!
    Charm bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh thinks so much *blushing*. Say Hi to your friend I am glad you have both come to "visit'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lotts, Your post is so interesting and informative. I got a lot of useful info and beautiful picture. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover