Handmade - beaded bridal hairband

Tuesday, 23 July 2013


I love it when I get asked to make for people's wedding, to have even the slightest part of the big day really makes me happy. When one of my favourite colleagues asked me to make her a hairband for her recent wedding I was beyond excited, it's not everyday I get to play with beautiful pieces of lace, silk and beads. Like all good projects we searched the internet and pinned ideas to gather inspiration, once we had decided on shape and colour, I trotted off to purchase the lace and silk. 
Once I had all my supplies, I cut the lace into pieces and played with the shape and texture. I wanted the original lace to so show through and not  be too heavy around the face. 
 I hand stitched each piece into place, it took me about 8 hours to complete the whole band but I loved every single minute!
To tie all the pieces together I added tiny beads through-out. 
 
I'm passionate about every single one of tutorials I post here but detailed projects like these are what I thrive on. If you're looking for something one-off for a wedding or special occasion please drop me an email I would love to help you out.

For more weddings ideas you can see my handmade wedding here, here and here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover