DIY - knotted cord and diamante necklace

Thursday, 31 October 2013

A slightly different tutorial for you today, its more of a nudge for you to try something different. I feel like I haven't had a chance to experiment with new ideas for a while but after falling hard for these Shourouk pieces I wanted to have a go at mixing cord, knots, pearls and diamante. The technique is actually quite simple, I did a basic macrame knot (see this tutorial) around the pearls and fixed a selection of old diamante necklaces onto the loops with jump rings. I feel like there are a few tweaks to be made but I'm heading in the right direction. I think next time I'll try knotting onto strings of diamante and then fix the diamantes straight onto the cord - what do you think? 
To gather supplies I recommend checking out your local charity shops, sale rails in places like H&M and New Look or Ebay for diamante necklaces. I get my neon cord (rat tail) from Ebay and I used silver 5mm jump-rings to fix everything together.

I have worn this quite a bit since I made it, but my fingers are itching to give another version a go! As always happy making! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover