DIY - embellished lace necklace

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Whoop, whoop its new tutorial time! For today's DIY I am showing you how to make these scrummy colourful embellished lace necklaces. I made the main part back in August (remember that?) but literally finished them 10 minutes before I met the ever fabulous Michelle and her camera. They are really fun to make and perfect to work on over a few wintery evenings - I love how sunny they are and give some much needed colour to these dreary grey days.  I didn't take photos of each step but I have talked you through, they are quite easy. 
You'll need - Paisley lace trim (I used a paisley shape from my local haberdashery), Dylon fabric paint, sequins, beads and gems, chain, 7mm jump-rings and lobster clasp 

Step 1. Cut your lace paisley's from the strip (if yours come on a strip). Then apply a layer of fabric paint in your chosen colour, making sure the front is evenly covered and no white is showing through. Leave to dry.

Step 2. Decorate with sequins, beads, gems, studs - you only need a few of each so its a perfect project for using up bits and pieces (you can see an in depth embellishment post here). Stitch into place. 

Step 3. Cut two lengths of chain 18.5cm long.

Step 4. Fix your chain to the shape using a 7mm jump-ring (for a detailed jump-ring post see this one). You want to fix your chain at roughly the same height on the lace piece so that it will hang evenly. 

Step 5. Fix a lobster clasp to one end of the chain and a 7mm to the other. Wear. 


These pictures make me really smile, it was great to team up with Michelle again. We had fun taking these photos and met about a 100 dogs in the process. As always happy making! x 

All photos - Michelle, My Creative

P.S - I'm looking for a London/South East based photographer on a regular basis - if you might be interested drop me an email (lottsandlots@gmail.com) and we can discuss. 

12 comments:

  1. It does look so professionnal, the pictures are stunning ! So colourful...And of course, your necklace is great, I might try if I get the materials...I do have a great fabric shop near my house, but no haberdashery...Have a great WE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your necklace is lovely, Charlotte! And the pictures go so well with it. I really love the graffiti background to emphasise the 'sunnyness' of your jewellery. Makes me feel like spring :) You know, I'm always up for collaborating and would love to work with you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh how pretty! I love all the color! And I would love to link to these if you didn't mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel no problem at all - its good to share!! :-)

      Delete
  4. so.cute. they remind me of the anthro-inspired lace earrings i did recently on my blog: http://guerillaglue.wordpress.com/2014/01/25/anthropologie-inspired-lace-earrings/. i think i'm going to need a necklace to go with those. :)

    ReplyDelete

  5. This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.
    uniquedesignsjewelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute work! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Solid colors are always popular, but some years we see more prints than solids and that is not the case this year. There are bold colors, bright colors, light colors and dark colors seen all over the


    work from home

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing. I know something information, to know you can click here
    Daily Boutique Deals

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very enjoyed for this blog. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. I know something information, to know you can click here
    Air Conditioning Brisbane
    Air Conditioning Installation Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.
    I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......
    Gabriel rings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me.I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.
    To get new information visit here
    fashion news

    ReplyDelete

Lotts and Lots | Making the everyday beautiful All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover