Liberty Fabric - Spring/Summer 2014

Friday, 11 April 2014

One of my main aims in life is to get locked into Liberty's - you'll find me asleep dressed in Phillip Lim, bedecked in jewels somewhere between home and fabric departments. Last month I got fairly close (well until 8pm) when I was invited to hear the Liberty Fabric Design team talk about their new collection - they have my dream job, they really do. It was so inspiring to hear and see how all the collections come together, whether the designs are drawn with make up, cut, bleached and stitched together or re-worked from the extensive archive (its taken 15 years so far to get it catalogued, and there is still more to go) I could have listened to them all day.
Some of my favourites - Alexandra & Holly above, Jody & Forget-me-nots below
This season's collection is inspired by the different departments within Liberty from Mens to Childrenswear via beauty and home, it was fascinating and a real privilege to walked and talked around the store by the designers, hearing the stories behind each design and seeing original sketches. I have included some of my favourites in this post and a few on my inspiration board for a shift dress (which still needs to be made), I really hope these inspire you to make as much as they do me. Have a great weekend, I'm off to continue my search for a textile design course.
A huge thanks to Liberty, The Liberty Fabric Design Team and Rosie and Hannah from The New Craft Society for organising.

You can buy Liberty Fabrics, here but even better try and make it into store.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be great to be locked into Liberty? I'd fashion a snug bed out of gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Lotts and Lots | Making the everyday beautiful All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover