DIY - fabric gift bags (two ways)

Monday, 15 December 2014

Happy Monday! I'm so glad to be sitting at my desk for the first time in weeks to share more Christmas making with you all (apologies if its too much for some). I'm feverishly getting all my Christmas projects made and uploaded before next week. The beauty of these bags is they can be made for any time of year, they use my printed gift bag tutorial as a base but this time I have gone for different embellishments. They are perfect for wrapping any awkward shaped gifts or adding a hand-made touch to a shop bought present. 

 For this version I used calico for the bag and embellished the ends of the ribbon with lace, tulle and some metallic fabric and then added a few gemstones. Remember to tie your ribbon in a bow and cut to the desired length before you start to decorate. You get extra points if you co-ordinate the ribbon to the gift inside! 
For these starry versions, I used white linen I had in my cupboard and hand cut gold stars from Bondaweb backed fabric and then ironed them to the front. Make sure you place the stars where they can be seen, I avoided putting any at the top or where the bags are tied. I finished these with simple white tags and some metallic cord. 
But what about the gifts inside I hear you ask?! I made the necklace using this crystal statement necklace tutorial. The decorations are made from air dry clay covered with gold leaf, I gave these to my friends instead of cards this year. I'll definitely be making more of these this week as I finally get around to buying/making the rest of my gifts. Have a good week and happy making! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover