DIY - jewel box clutch

Thursday, 11 December 2014



'Tis the Season to get sparkly so a special party inspired DIY it is today. I just love this jewelled clutch  (or minaudière if you're being fancy). It's so simple to whip up and reuses old jewels like nothing before! When I moved, along came 6 (very large) boxes of accessories, it was completely ridiculous. Not being able to part with stuff that had potential I gathered all the broken, odd and unloved earrings, necklaces and bracelets. They sat around for a few months whilst I found a project for them and this is it, an easy tutorial that looks far more expensive than it is!
You'll need - hard case box clutch, E6000 glue, jewels
Step 1. Gather your jewels - I went for a blues, golds and greens. Cut the backs off any earrings with pliers to prepare
Step 2. Have a practice, lay all your jewels on the front of the bag to get an idea of the design. Sometimes it helps to take a photo.
Step 3. Glue into place, E6000 is perfect for this it dries really quickly but isn't runny so you don't get trails of glue everywhere.
Step 4. Leave to dry, if you can over night if not a few hours will do.


I really love this and can't wait to use over the next few festive weeks. There are so many variations on colours combos and options, I love the idea of going tropical for the summer or doing a really vintage version with pearls and old diamantes...so many ideas! I really hope you give this one a go its perfect for beginners or those with little time on their hands. Happy Making! x

Photos - Siobhan, Bless The Weather

Clutch accessorised with - Jeans - New Look, T-Shirt - Cos, Jacket - Dorothy Perkins, Nails Essie, Watermelon

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Love the colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! I've got a couple of clutches that could definitely be re-vamped with this method. Love the colour of this clutch though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea and a great way to upcycle some old jewels x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much everyone! So glad you like the colours I'm a little in love with it myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful & so generous of you to share your expertise & creativity. It takes work to do that. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. reat to read how other guys repair their beloved jeans. I use the same techniques for more than 25 years on my old 501´s.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover