gluten and dairy free banana muffins

Thursday, 8 January 2015

I was talking in my last post about giving myself more free time, well these delicious muffins are a result of such. I made them during my lunch break on Monday (I'm trying once again to cut out all wheat, dairy and sugar, yawn!) as I always crave something sweet in the afternoon and don't want to go down the processed food route. I adapted the recipe from Deliciously Ella's Banana Bread using what I had in my cupboards, I feel I sufficiently changed it enough to share below. 

Ingredients
175gms Ground Almonds or 1 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup Mix of pecans, hazelnuts and brazil nuts 
1 cup rice flour
1/4 cup maple syrup 
1 tbl spoon cinnamon
1 tbl spoon desiccated coconut 
3 medium over ripe bananas 

Step 1. Pre heat the oven to about 200 degrees (mine oven runs cold so adjust as necessary) and line a muffin pan with cake cases

Step 2. Whizz your whole nuts in a food processor until they are in a powder and add to a bowl with the rice flour, maple syrup, cinnamon and coconut. Mix well

Step 3. Mash your banana's and stir into the dry mix until all the ingredients are throughly mixed. It won't be too runny and will almost form a paste. 

Step 4. Spoon into muffin cases, the will rise a little but not much so you can fill each case to the (almost) top. I sprinkled a few flaked almonds and coconut onto the tops of mine. 

Step 5. Pop into the oven for about 20 - 25 mins or until golden brown.

I've been taking mine into work for breakfast and enjoying with a cup of Earl Grey. I have to say they have definitely eased the first week back in the office. 

Muffins accessoried with - Cake Stand - H&M, Napkin - Anthropologie, Placemat - Ikea, Radio - Roberts Radio

4 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I think my son would love these in his lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debra, they are very tasty and even my very fussy husband likes them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! I'm giving up the same as you, but by not being organised enough to make anything for the sweet craving, I caved and had a dessert earlier when we were out. Hopefully the guilt that resulted will stop me doing it again, but I'm going to give these a try too as they sound like they'll give me my hit, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover