Hen party workshop - Flower crowns

Thursday, 11 June 2015

This month celebrates two years since I started creative Mondays, in that time I have taught so many different jewellery making classes. From teaching on farms to running a statement necklace class for 35 to small groups of up to eight people. I love teaching and sharing my passion for jewellery making and creativity with my students and learn something new with every class.
One type of class that had been on my 'to do list' was to run a hen party. When my sister was organising a hen for her best friend I jumped at the chance to run a class. I think the main aim of a hen should be to have fun, especially when there is a large group of mixed abilities. The activity needs to be simple and can be done easily alongside chatting, drinking and usually eating cake! We went for flower crowns as they are really easy to make and look good on everyone.
Like all my classes I'm very particular about materials and colour, I sourced a mix of flowers and gathered everything in zinc flowerpots - which looked so good. As I wasn't sure how open the venue (we went to Bea's of Bloomsbury) would be to glue, so I hand painted a table covering with flowers to match in with the theme and act as a table covering. As it turned out the staff at Bea's couldn't have been more accommodating and fantastic. The table covering turned out to be an added bonus and made everything look really pretty.
I never get the chance to take many pictures whilst I'm running the class so here are a few of the finished 'crowns'.


I had an absolute blast teaching this class and would love to do more in the future, If you are looking for fun hen do activities that aren't too twee then please drop me an email. I buy all my materials especially for each class so can create something just for you and can work to a range of price points starting from around £25 per head. I also supply all tools and findings so you don't need to worry about bringing them!
If you need inspiration you can take a look at my tutorials , any of these can be worked into a class. I few suggestions of my own would be these sweet heart friendship bracelets, leather heart brooches, jewel brooch necklace, jewel earrings. I really look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks to my sister, Alice and hen, Naomi 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover