Review - Bead House, Gemstone Studded Bangle Kit

Thursday, 8 October 2015

One of the perks of blogging is every so often I get given a great product to review. I was recently contacted by the lovely people at Bead House, a new to me online bead and jewellery making supply shop to review one of their many jewellery making kits. For me one of the joys of jewellery making is being able to use all my supplies gathered from travels around the world so I often shy away from jewellery making kits as I think they could be too restrictive to what I want to make. The choice of kits that the Bead House offers definitely made me re-think my opinions about them, they have so many options for all levels of jewellery making. 
 I choose the Fabulous Friday, Gemstone Studded Bangle Kit. It came with a really generous amount of wire, two bangles, four large and six small rose quartz beads. I really loved was the sweet pull out draw box and the really comprehensive jewellery making instructions provided. What impressed me the most was the kit really allowed me to try some different ideas, here's what I came up with.
 Wire wrapped gemstone bangle - Sticking to the kit, I wrapped large and small rose quartz beads onto the bangle with wire. I used approx. 50cm lengths of wire, fixing the large stones before the small.
 Leather wrapped rose quartz bangle - Inspired by this Anthropologie bracelet I decided to wrap my rose quartz in a strip of leather. I then wrapped beads and wire around the bangle and finished with an additional piece of leather and a few additional seeds beads.
 Leather and wire rose quartz earrings - I glued a small piece of leather to the front of the small piece of rose quartz and then wrapped with wire. I added a tiny piece of leather to the back of the earrings and then added earring posts to complete.
I'm so happy with my new pieces, I can't wait to layer up these bracelets over the next few months. Thanks to Bead House for supplying the kit, all opinions and ideas are my own. Happy Making! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover