DIY - Silver and Agate Ring

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

It's been a while since I shared a jewellery making tutorial and I have a very loose silver ring tutorial to share today. Jewellery making is my love but I have been lacking the need for new jewels lately hence a lull in posting. Since Christmas I have found so much inspiration and I'm really excited to share some new projects, the first being this extremely easy silver and agate ring. I bought all the components from Kernow Crafts including this sterling silver ring base and agate cabochon and glued together using their recommended glue. It literally takes five minutes to assemble and requires no jewellery making experience (just make sure you buy the right size cabochon for the ring).  
There really are no steps - apply glue, leave to go tacky for a few minutes, stick gemstone to ring. 
I think this is the perfect project to kick off the new year - simple and fuss free - I haven't taken mine off. Happy making! x

9 comments:

  1. Wow, making your own jewellery is such a good idea. I have many Tungsten Rings Australia rings and because I like them so much, I might even try making one similar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try and make your own, it is soooo simple and completely rewarding. If you're just getting into jewellery making all my projects are DIY gallery page. Good luck and let me know how you get on. x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely ring and so simple! I have just discovered your blog and I'm really enjoying it but would it be possible to increase the font size a bit? It is very small, especially for those of us starting to need reading glasses! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've found my blog! I'm not the best at technology so will try and make the font a bit bigger for you. I'm planning a blog redesign this year so will add to the list of improvements. x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. I went on a course last June where I made some lovely silver wear, I also made a ring out of one half of a sugar tong :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen those rings, I bet it looks fab! I'm too impatient for silversmithing so this ring is a perfect compromise.

      Delete
  4. All are looking stylish rings and i love them most..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visit AmberBuddy.com.au for the best amber products including beads, necklaces and bracelets for kids and adults both. Buy only the genuine amber products from AmberBuddy.com today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover