DIY - Rose Gold and Leather Bracelet

Friday, 26 February 2016

One of my goals for the year is to develop a bracelet stack (deep and life changing I know!). I love how summery a wrist full of bracelets looks and as my beloved statement necklaces are somewhat redundant a statement wrist is where my jewellery love is heading. I was kindly gifted this beautiful reptile leather in rose gold and couldn't wait to make up a few bracelets.
For these bracelets you'll need. 4mm rose gold reptile leather, rose gold cord ends, rose gold jump rings, rose gold lobster clasps, rose gold wire (I used head-pins) a selection of beads and sequins, E6000 glue.
Step 1. If using headpins snip the flat end off. Hold one end of the wire and put the other between the nose of the round nose pliers, make sure the end of the wire is flush to the top of the pliers. Turn the pliers away from you creating a loop, when you can't turn anymore take the pliers out reinsert and turn again to finish the loop.  
 Step 2. Add beads and sequins to the wire and then create another loop to close. Here I have used a mix of smoky quartz beads which I have had in my collection for years, blush sequins, some old beaded chain and made a few leather discs. To make the leather discs use a punch to create circle shapes, add a hole to the centre. Just use what you have, its a great project for using up odds and ends.
 Step 4. Attach your lobster clasps to the beads by either carefully opening the loop you have created threading on the clasp and then closing or use a jump ring.

Step 5. Decide on the length of your leather. I measured my wrist and added a centimetre then took the length of the beads and lobster clasp away from that measurement. I like my bracelets to be quite snug so always create my bracelet length to fit my wrist if you're making for someone else a standard bracelet length is about 7 - 7.5 inches.

Add a dab of glue to the inside of the cord end, insert the cord and leave to dry. 

Once dry fix your beads to the cord end by either carefully opening the loop you have created threading on the clasp and then closing or use a jump ring. 

To open and close the bracelet open the lobster clasp and attach to the loop on the cord end, you could always add another jump ring if you felt the loop was a bit small. 
 So there you have it the start of my bracelet stack. I really love the palette for these bracelets its a change from my normal bright colours but I love how luxurious they feel. Until next time, happy making! x

Leather and finding all kindly supplied by Endless Leather. All thoughts, opinions, tutorial, photography and styling are all my own.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful bracelets. I am going to have to look for leather cord like this. Your tutorial was perfect, so simple and the pictures are gorgeous. Cheers, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rose gold and leather bracelet. Informative DIY guide. Really very interesting and inspiring tutorial. Thanks for sharing the information.
    Fashion Haul

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover